Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Engrade

I really enjoyed this assignment and found this very user friendly for teachers to use to put grades on line. I would attempt to use this because i found it very easy to use. I am the type of person that love to write everything down so i can see myself still having a grade book as well.
I do not think I would give my students access to the site. This site would only be for the teacher's use. I feel that children do not need to be worried about grades or how they rank in the class. Children need to be kids and have fun and not be totally stressed about grades unless there is a serious issue. Some children are too competitive at a young age because parents are too hard on them. I want my classroom to be an environment where learning is fun and they will remember the material instead of having to force them to like it!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    I couldn't agree more that having the students access the gradebook would move the focus from learning to assessment. Regular communication between the teacher and parents would be enough without seeing the actual grades.
    I too thought I would keep a paper gradebook, until I learned that electronic gradebooks existed. I found this one simple to use and I loved the reports that could be generated for each student. Through this course I am becoming more comfortable with technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,

    You and I have the same views. I loved this site as well. I couldn't agree more with you on how easy it was to use and create. I also take a lot of notes on students and write a lot so something like this is beneficial to me since I think I can type fast than I write! I though too would keep a paper grade book so I have instant access, but engrade is a backup and electronic just encase anything happens!

    ReplyDelete