Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mind Mapping is FUN!!













1) Discuss the idea that you chose for this project. Why did you choose this idea? What is the learning outcome or expected goal of your mind-mapping? What type of assessment does this tools fit in? In what way will this mind-map tool improve your students’ learning of the concept or the topic?

This was a topic I when creating my Unit Plan. I used the same content material but changed the layout and amount of content covered. This assessment fit into a third grade social studies lesson. This will help students to visualize the material for those students who can visually process better. It also helps them to understand what is expected from them.

2) What did you think was the most important lesson you learned from this activity?

This is a useful tool for a teacher in her classroom. This helps to organize your thoughts and to process what needs to be completed for the lesson or unit plan. This can also be used for the children to create a mind map activity.

3) What did you like or dislike about the software or web-based online mind-mapping tool you used?

I think this software is a great tool to have when designing a unit plan for your students. I also would like to use this with my students to use for didn't content areas. This program is user friendly and easy to trouble shoot with issues you might have. I also think when you have completed the end result the work always looks so clean and organized.

4) What would you do differently next time you do mind-mapping and/or use this tool or you assign it to your students?

For my students i would start off with a easy task for them to get use to the process and an opportunity to explore the different tools.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, I also really like mind maps. I would have my students can do them as an activity to. Do you think you could use mind mapping as an authentic assessment? Can they use them as study guides?

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete